SOUTHEASTERN SYNOD ASSEMBLY:
There’s nothing like starting a Synod Assembly Plenary
Session with one of Pastor David Hood’s humorous original songs set to jazz
standards. “Pastor, Get us out of church; ON TIME!”
As the 25th annual Assembly of the Southeastern
Synod has gathered together in the Renaissance Waverly Hotel in Atlanta, we
have been blessed by David’s witty songs, Dr. Diane Jacobson’s insightful
exploration of Exodus 19:1-8, and Bishop James Arend’s spirit-filled sermon
pushing us to find our “Pentecost voice.”
Combined with the plenary sessions and workshops and
mealtime and lobby conversations; we have all been asking ourselves, “What in
God’s name are we doing here?”
I have asked several participants to write reflections and
answers to that question and send them to me this afternoon and I will post
them here on the blog this evening.
Meanwhile, why don’t you ask yourself that question, “What in God’s name
am I doing here?”
Delmer Chilton
No comments:
Post a Comment